2012 OINC Live Classes
The “working therapist” has a challenging profession. Many find themselves entrenched in treatment protocols that are stagnant or fail to produce desired results. We believe clinicians can invigorate their approach and bring new vitality to their work. True excitement – and transformation – lies in traversing a path of continual inspiration, learning, and creativity.
OINC live classes are an especially dynamic and effective way to expose more clinicians and graduate students to the important contributions of Wilhelm Reich. He was a master at character interventions that could quickly and deeply facilitate patient break-through, allowing them to make contact with their authentic self and their core feelings. Reich’s characteranalysis is a skill that maximizes potent interventions and moves the patient beyond their facade and into profound honesty. Some therapists, when they are first introduced to the theory and practice of Orgonomic Therapy, see it as a bit “out of the box” in its spontaneous, liberating style. Orgonomic Therapy’s unique approach is an effective antidote to the compelling, deadening counter-pull of patients’ habitual homeostasis. As therapists, we need to move from stale interventions and intellectualized interpretations to meaningful exchange. We teach this method of character intervention because of its great effectiveness.
Wilhelm Reich is often credited with being the father of somatic therapies. Most mental health professionals practice verbal analytic therapy but few clinicians are trained to include somatic interventions to facilitate patients in releasing the deep-seated affect and habitual muscular holding that lead to chronic stress-related symptoms and disease. The mind/body connection is real and as professionals we can intervene to repair the ruptures in self-regulation that occur at the deepest levels. Recent advances in neuroscience demonstrate that our earliest attachment experiences in infancy radically affect the development of the brain with major ramifications on our entire ability to function.
The theory and practice of Masterson’s object relations and Jung’s current research/theory in early attachment issues will be integrated into Reich’s approach.
OINC’s Program of Live Classes
Wilhelm Reich’s Orgonomic Therapy Training for Professionals
All classes will be held in the Marin (CA) area – locations to be announced.
Introductory CD Training Series Study Group
(6 CD’s, 8 classes, 3 hrs. each, Saturdays or Sundays 9:30am-1:30pm)
The 8 Introductory Study Group classes are designed to support the 6-CD Introductory Audio Series. The first 6 study group classes will each focus on one of the CD courses. The remaining 2 study group classes will focus on integration of the material.
Study Group Class Schedule:
- Study Group Class 1 (CD #1): 3/11/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 2 (CD #2): 5/19/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 3 (CD #3): 6/3/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 4 (CD #4): 8/5/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 5 (CD #5): 9/8/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 6 (CD#6): 10/13/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 7 (Integration): 11/4/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 8 (Integration): 12/16/12 Register Now
Price: Introductory Study Group Classes: $150 per class – registration and payment is required 30 days or more in advance. Purchase of the Introductory Audio Series CD’s is required, at an additional cost.
The 6 Introductory Series Audio CD’s:
- 1. An Orientation on Breaking through Resistance. Price: $60* Order the CD Now
- 2. Fundamentals of Wilhelm Reich & Masterson’s Setting the Frame. Price: $120* Order the CD Now
- 3. Introduction to Diagnosis: Orgonomy and Characteranalysis – Working with Presenting Style, an Inroad into Defense. Price: $120* Order the CD Now
- 4. Introduction to Diagnosis: Disorders of the Self. Price: $120* Order the CD Now
- 5. Reich’s Diagnostic Categories Part 2: Schizophrenia and the Anal Character. Price: $120* Order the CD Now
- 6. The Difficult Patient: Managing Acting Out. Price: $200* Order the CD Now
Package pricing for Introductory CD’s:
- Package A is CD’s 1-3: $250 ($50 discount) Buy Package A Now
- Package B is CD’s 4-6: $365 ($75 discount) Buy Package B Now
*CD Prices are in addition to shipping/handling and applicable taxes.
Detailed descriptions of Introductory CD’s can be found here.
Prerequisites/Requirements for Study Groups/CD’s: Permission of Dr. Patricia Frisch. Recommended: to attend OINC Community Days and the Biophysical Demo Days.
Students outside of the Bay Area may have an option to attend the study groups via Skype.
Download our Study Group Policies here.
Topical Mentoring Classes
(8 classes, 4 hrs. each, Saturdays 9:30am-1:30pm)
Topical Mentoring Classes – Topics/Schedule:
- Class 1: Differential Diagnosis: Case Presentations – 1/28/12 Register Now
- Class 2: Dream Analysis – 3/10/12 Register Now
- Class 3: Biophysical Demo – 5/12/12 Register Now
- Class 4: Coaching: Sustaining and Building Your Clinical Practice – 6/9/12 Register Now
- Class 5: Differential Diagnosis: Case Presentations – 7/14/12 Register Now
- Class 6: Dream Analysis – 8/4/12 Register Now
- Class 7: Biophysical Demo – 9/22/12 Register Now
- Class 8: Differential Diagnosis: Case Presentations – 12/15/12 Register Now
Prerequisites/Requirements: Open to all current students and required of Intermediate Bodywork and Accredited Bodywork students. The professional public may attend one or two classes with prior approval from Dr. Frisch, before being required to take the Introductory Audio Series.
Price: $250 if registering 30 days or more in advance; $300 otherwise.
Intermediate CD Course Series with Study Groups
(6 CD’s, 8 classes, 4-hrs. each, Sundays 1:00pm-5:00pm)
The 8 Intermediate Study Group classes are designed to support the 6-CD Intermediate Audio Series. The first 6 study group classes will each focus on one of the CD courses. The remaining 2 study group classes will focus on integration of the material. The introductory CD courses are a prerequisite for entry unless another arrangement is made with Dr. Frisch.
- Study Group Class Schedule:
- Study Group Class 1 (CD #1): 2/26/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 2 (CD #2): 4/1/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 3 (CD #3): 5/20/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 4 (CD #4): 6/24/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 5 (CD #5): 7/29/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 6 (CD #6): 9/9/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 7 (Integration): 10/14/12 Register Now
- Study Group Class 8 (Integration): 12/2/12 Register Now
Price: Intermediate Study Group Classes: $185 per class if registered and paid for 30 days or more in advance; otherwise it’s $215. Purchase of the Intermediate Audio Series CD’s is required, at an additional cost.
- The 6 Intermediate Series Audio CD’s:
- 1. Fundamentals of Reich & Masterson’s Clinical Approach Order the CD Now
- 2. Differential Diagnosis: Masterson & Reich Order the CD Now
- 3. Interventions: The Therapist’s Tool Chest Order the CD Now
- 4. Carl Jung: Working with Dreams and the Objective Psyche Order the CD Now
- 5. Working Through Phase: Abandonment Depression and Couples Therapy Order the CD Now
- 6. Talionic Impulse in Treatment; Anal Character Types & Characteranalytic Couples Therapy Order the CD Now
Detailed descriptions of Intermediate CD’s can be found here.
- Intermediate Audio Series CD’s Individual CD Courses: $200 each
Package pricing for Intermediate CD’s:
- Package A is CD’s 1-3: $500 ($100 discount) Buy Package A Now
- Package B is CD’s 4-6: $500 ($100 discount) Buy Package B Now
CD Prices are in addition to shipping/handling and applicable taxes.
Prerequisites/Requirements for Study Groups/CD’s: Completion of Introductory Series or permission of Dr. Frisch. Recommended: to attend OINC Community Days and the Biophysical Demo Days.
Download our Study Group Policies here.
Clinical OINC Community Days
(2 classes, 6.5 hrs. each, Saturdays 9:30am-5:30pm)
These are clinical experiential classes where students apply Orgonomic methods in order to practice and enhance their skills, including but not limited to: differential diagnosis, character interventions, dream analysis and transference issues. Case presentation with mentoring by Dr. Frisch is included. Advanced students may present articles from the Journal of Orgonomy or other topics.
- Clinical OINC Community Days Schedule:
- Clinical Class #1: 4/21/12 Register Now
- Clinical Class #2: 10/6/12 Register Now
Prerequisites/Requirements: All OINC Students may attend these classes, and the professional public may attend with prior permission from Dr. Frisch. These classes are required of Intermediate Bodywork students and Accredited Bodywork students.
Price: $500 if registering 30 days or more in advance; $750 otherwise.
Intermediate Bodywork Classes
(4 classes, 6.5 hrs. each, Saturdays 9:00am-5:00pm)
Students in the Intermediate Bodywork Classes will continue their training in Biophysical Therapy. Students can bring clients for demo purposes (2 demo clients per class).
- Intermediate Bodywork Class Schedule (continued from 2011):
- Intermediate Bodywork #6: 2/18/12 Register Now
- Intermediate Bodywork #7: 5/5/12 Register Now
- Intermediate Bodywork #8: 8/11/12 Register Now
- Intermediate Bodywork #9: 11/10/12 Register Now
Prerequisites/Requirements: In order to attend the 2012 Intermediate Bodywork Classes, students must have attended the 2011 Intermediate Bodywork Classes. Intermediate Bodywork students are also required to attend Topical Mentoring classes and the Clinical OINC Community Days. Intermediate Bodywork students are also encouraged to attend the Biophysical Demo Days.
Price: $400 if registered 30 days or more in advance; $650 otherwise.
(2 classes, 6 hrs. each, Saturdays from 9:30am-4:30pm)
These all-day practicum classes are designed to allow OINC’s Intermediate Bodywork Students and Accredited/Advanced Bodywork Students to practice their bodywork skills on each other under supervision.
Practicum Bodywork Schedule:
- Practicum Bodywork #1: 1/7/12
- Practicum Bodywork #2: 7/21/12 Register Now
Prerequisites/Requirements: Open to all OINC Intermediate Bodywork and Accredited/Advanced Bodywork students.
Price: $250 per class due 30 days or more in advance of the class date
Biophysical Demo Days
(2 classes, 6.5 hrs. each, Saturdays 9:00am-5:00pm)
Biophysical Demo Days present demonstrations of Orgonomy with 4 practice clients who volunteer for this purpose. Practice clients are worked on by Accredited Orgonomists coached by and under the supervision of Dr. Patricia Frisch.
Biophysical Demo Days Schedule:
Prerequisites/Requirements: Open to all OINC students.
Price: $430 if registering 30 days or more in advance; $650 otherwise.
1. Scholarships/discounts: We have limited scholarships available. There are two criteria for requesting scholarships: 1) the student must have a verifiable financial hardship, and 2) scholarship requests must be made before the early enrollment deadline for the class in question. Contact Lisa Nichols here to apply.
2. Continuing Education: All live and audio classes receive CE credit for MFT’s, LCSW’s, and BRN’s. New CE certificate fees for 2012 = $20. Note that the Comprehensive CD Training Series (audio program) offers CE credit for licensed psychologists. You can get more information on that audio series, here.
Please read additional OINC policies outlined in our Agreement.
2012 Price list for Live Classes
|Class||Early (30 days)||Standard|
|Introductory CD Classes||$150||$150|
|Topical Mentoring Classes||$250||$300|
|Intermediate CD Classes||$185||$215|
|Clinical OINC Community Days||$500||$750|
|Biophysical Demo Day||$430||$650|
Click here to see OINC’s 2012 Calendar of Live classes and other events for both professionals and the public.
Click here to download the 2012 schedule of live classes in pdf format.
Click here to download the 2012 at-a-glance class list in pdf format.
Click here to download our Study Group Policies.