Expert Practice Consultation
- Establishing a Private Practice
- Stabilizing a Successful, On-going Full Practice
- Establishing an Effective Therapeutic Relationship
- Addressing Resistance
- Managing Difficult Patients who Act-Out
- Real Contact with the Patient in the Present
- Understanding Defenses and How to Work with Them
- Finding Your Creative Edge
- Working With Dreams
- Diagnosis Beyond DSM
- Managing Outer Adaptation with In-depth Work
- Incorporating Somatic Interventions
- Creating a Successful Workshop
For Mental Health Professionals: Psychologists, MFT’s, Psychiatrists, Nurses, Counselors, and Social Workers
Our profession is deeply satisfying, compelling and at times, extremely challenging. Dr. Frisch can help you set up, grow, and maintain a successful, thriving practice. Professionals who consult with Dr. Frisch can:
- Learn how to create a successful business, including marketing, networking, establishing your database, using social media, establishing a niche and adding creative vehicles of clinical practice that translate into an enhanced private practice.
- Build a firm and clear therapeutic frame that holds patients so that they can complete their therapy.
- Sustain a successful practice and keep it thriving.
- Receive help with challenging patient interfaces that lead to early terminations.
- Facilitate dynamic change in a faltering therapeutic process.
- Receive individualized mentoring for the clinician’s unique private practice needs
Dr. Patricia Frisch is a licensed psychologist and MFT with over 3 decades of experience in the art and business of therapy. She is considered an expert in the application of characteranalytic techniques and her specialty is the interface between defensive patterns, life-long conflicts, physical armoring, and stress related symptomatology.
She trains graduate students and professionals through her live classes and distance learning courses. She also assists with a model of case management that facilitates a stable analytic frame and results in a more solid practice. Dr. Frisch offers expert consultations to clinicians throughout the country using teleconferencing and Skype technologies.
Dr. Frisch’s offers Consultation in the following areas:
Establishing a Private Practice. Find your niche, develop effective marketing strategies, and build a good foundation of practice.
Stabilizing a Successful, On-going Full Practice. There is an art to maintaining a dynamic, on-going practice. Many clinicians have problems keeping patients committed and moving into deeper subjective layers. Let Dr. Frisch trouble-shoot your practice and help you to build a solid referral network in order to stay successful in a competitive market. One or two consultations may turn your practice around.
Establishing an Effective Therapeutic Relationship. Skillfully set up the therapeutic frame and develop clear documentation and patient forms. These and other steps will ensure that each patient will have a clear sense of what therapy entails. This can discourage early flights from therapy, lack of clarity regarding payment, and resistance regarding the necessity of treatment regularity.
Addressing Resistance. One of the main reasons therapy fails is that therapists are not trained to work effectively with patient resistance. Many good therapeutic relationships are lost because when negativity and important resistances emerge, the clinician avoids them and the patient leaves.
Managing Difficult Patients who Act-Out. Many patients have defensive structures and behavioral styles that are simply difficult to manage, and often act-out against the therapy and healthy choices. There are effective ways to help these patients relinquish these defenses and destructive behaviors.
Establishing and Sustaining Real Contact with the Patient in the Present. Much of therapy is done without real contact. The patient moves from story to story and the therapist listens, interjects and not much gets done. The therapist needs to be in clear contact in order to recognize the patient’s contactlessness. Improve your ability to be very present in the room. Each session can capture defenses and move the patient into greater self-awareness and depth.
Understanding Defenses and How to Work with Them. Defenses can be seen in how the patient walks, talks, looks at you, their style, their attitude, their physical form, their symptoms, etc. Learning how to work actively and astutely with defenses can be very powerful.
Finding Your Creative Edge. We need to continue to grow and change as therapists and to find ways to create within our profession. Dr. Frisch can bring out your freest edge so you feel more yourself within the clinical hour.
Working with Dreams. Patient dreams can provide powerful material for therapeutic progress. Dr. Frisch has extensive experience that can help when analyzing this liminal landscape.
Diagnosis Beyond DSM. Learning Character Typology helps the clinician to know how to work with each patient. With a correct character diagnosis, you know what to expect from your patient and which interventions are relevant or will not work. Dr. Frisch is an expert in character typology and can help you learn to correctly see character and determine appropriate treatment direction.
Managing Outer Adaptation with In-depth Work. Often in-depth analysts will focus more on deep, inner feelings and exploration while adaptive functioning is not directly addressed. Dr. Frisch encourages a shuttling back and forth between the inner depth and the exploration of adaptation in the ‘real world’. As the patient looks at details of their life, insight is gleaned.
Incorporating Somatic Interventions – Orgonomy. Dr. Frisch is an expert in Orgonomy, the application of the work of Wilhelm Reich. She trains professionals in treatments that can incorporate somatic interventions. These interventions can offer relief of long inhibited affect sometimes somatized and resulting in difficult symptoms: severe depression, chronic pain, generalized anxiety and other stress manifestations.
Creating a Successful Workshop. Dr. Frisch has extensive experience presenting weeklong workshops at Esalen® as well as public and professional trainings in other venues. She can help you create and deliver workshops, including elements such as curriculum planning, administration, and marketing.
- Dr. Frisch’s consultations are not therapy or legal advice, and carry no guarantee of results.
- All consultations are verbal and conducted by phone or in-person. Any written report or research requested by the client will be billed at Dr. Frisch’s standard hourly rate.
- Clients must pay for the amount of time they reserve for consulting with Dr. Frisch.
- In order to avoid charges, appointments must be cancelled 24 hours or more in advance. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be automatically charged ½ hour consulting time. No shows will be billed for 1 hour of consulting time.
- Appointments are held with a credit card. Appointments can be paid by credit card or check – due at the time of service.
- Payment is non-refundable.
- Clients may record consultations with Dr. Frisch for their own personal reference only.
- Student rates are available to clients in active academic programs.
|Time||Single Session Fee||Prepay for 4 Sessions|
|Student rate: 50% off Single Session Fee|
For questions, to arrange for an appointment, or to request information on Dr. Frisch’s fees and policies, email OINC or call 415-388-0622.