Patricia Frisch, Ph.D.
or email Dr. Frisch
Dr. Patricia Frisch is a licensed Psychologist, licensed MFT, couple/family therapist, and group leader, with a specialty in Orgonomy since 1976. She has developed her own innovative synthesis of Reich and Masterson that updates Reich utilizing current theory and research.
Dr. Frisch’s method is powerful. It facilitates dramatic personal change by dissolving defensive patterns, integrating difficult inner feelings and experiences, and creating healthy styles of relating. Dr. Frisch is an Orgonomist and utilizes the principles of Wilhelm Reich, father of somatic (body-based) psychology who created an inclusive mind/body analytic model that works with breath, direct muscular intervention, and emotional expression to treat the interface between inner/external conflicts and psychological/physcial symptoms (anxiety, depression, mood disorders, chronic pain and tension, sexual disorders, physical illness, sleep disorders, addiction etc.).
Dr. Frisch’s approach utilizes an alive, engaged and present-centered conversation with direct honest feedback to help patients confront their unhealthy character styles. Compromised coping strategies grow out of difficult pasts and result in current problems. She skillfully intervenes to restore healthy self-regulation – both emotionally and physically. Therapy allows for an insightful, examined life and supports conscious changes needed to heal body, mind, and spirit. Her style is warm, sometimes directive, intuitive, and always profoundly engaged. Her couple/family approach opens up communication and helps resolve wounds that disable a loving relationship. Dream analysis allows the psyche to help direct the patient from within.
Benefits of Therapy with Dr. Frisch
- Change aspects of personality, emotional patterns, and habitual thoughts that cause chronic difficulties
- Alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety, and panic
- Decrease unhealthy somatic responses and stress-related symptoms (muscular tension, headaches, nervous disorders)
- Address sexual problems
- Establish new approaches to intimacy and develop successful skills of communication and expression through relational therapy
Dr. Frisch’s therapeutic style facilitates
- Self-awareness, understanding, resolution of old pain, and transformation
- Discovery of a more authentic self with enhanced expression and creativity
- Increased ability to experience pleasure individually and within relationships
- Freedom from inhibitions and fears that block the experience of aliveness
Dr. Frisch is also the Executive Director of The Orgonomic Institute of Northern California, where she trains and supervises graduate students and professionals in Wilhelm Reich’s characteranalysis, Mastersonian Disorders of the Self (including Attachment theory), elements from Jung, and Reich’s somatic approach. She is a member of the Order of Thich Nhat Hanh.
For Dr. Frisch’s full CV, please click here.
Frisch, Patricia; Orgonomy (Reichian Therapy); Encyclopedia of Theory in Counseling and Psychotherapy; Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage Publications, Inc., 2015.
Frisch, Patricia (Author); Orgonomy [Video}; United States; SAGE Video Product for Libraries: Counseling & Psychotherapy; release date: late June, 2015.
Licensed Psychologist (Psy 8206)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT M8298)
Please call 415-388-0622 for an appointment or more information, or email Dr. Frisch.