Advanced Level 1 Audio Series
OINC’s Advanced Level 1 and Level 2 CD training series are designed for students who have completed the introductory and Intermediate CD series or who have taken comparable preparatory live courses. These two Series will cover the concepts of the theoretical and clinical approach of Wilhelm Reich and his somatic techniques at an advanced level, in great depth. Material by other theorists, such as Carl Jung and Mahler, will also be included. Subjects covered are expansive and include Jung’s discovery of the self in individuation and transformation, the various types of patients and how they respond to termination, developmental trauma and its effects on defenses to the formation of the self, narcissists and their defensive functions in various character types, the fundamental characteristics of the schizoid, Reich’s oral unsatisfied block/obesity, and more. These training courses are rich with information, include non-confidential discussion and experiential coaching to hear the approach in action, and allow students to self-pace and deepen their learning to the point of mastery. These courses facilitate your entry into more classes that include Reich’s biophysical interventions.
For a sample of Dr. Frisch teaching an Advanced Audio Course, listen here:
1. Jung: Discovery of the Self in Individuation and Transformation.
Time: 1:47 (1.5 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Edward Edinger – Principles of Jungian Analysis applicable to clinical practice
- Reich: Difficult patients – working with resistance
- Reich on ego development
2. Termination; Character Analytic Group Therapy.
Time: 2:28 (2 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Successful and unsuccessful terminations
- Termination: Disorder of the self patients and Reich’s neurotic character types
- Character Diagnoses as it relates to termination issues
- Successful terminations within the range of depth psychotherapy to shorter duration therapies
- The clinical picture of termination
- Acting out as a form of termination
- Treatment addiction
3. Treatment of Early Trauma and its Effect on Development.
Time: 1:22 (1 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Review of personality disorders
- Developmental trauma
- How childhood trauma is processed
- Defensive strategies and their effect on development and treatment
- The effects of trauma on the formation of the Self
- Repression, splitting and dissociation
4. Our Most Difficult Patients: Devaluing Narcissist.
Time: 2:43 (2.5 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Narcissists with devaluing defenses
- The disorder of the self narcissist and the phallic narcissist
- The basics of devaluing
- Narcissistic features and their defensive functions in various character types
- Character types and their defenses
- The masochist character type and traits
5. Schizoid: A Deeper Look.
Time: 2:52 (2.5 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Differential Diagnosis – Schizophrenia and Schizoid disorders of the self
- Schizophrenia from an Orgonomic perspective
- Review of Mahler’s stages of development
- Reich’s contactlessness – Schizoid process
- Guntrip’s nine fundamental characteristics of the Schizoid
- Clusters: The pure schizoid, the pseudo narcissistic, and the pseudo borderline
- Intrapsychic structure
- The attachment unit for the schizoid: Master/Slave
- Differential diagnosis
6. Obesity and Middle Phase of Treatment
Time: 4:32 (4.5 hrs CE Credit) Buy Now
- Reich: Oral Unsatisfied Block: Obesity
- More on the Function of Over-eating from an Orgonomic Perspective
- Counter-transference Issues: Blocks to Clarity
- Reich: Counter-transference
- Couples Therapy: Reichian and Mastersonian
- Orgonomic Medicine and Physics
Obesity and Middle Phase of Treatment is also available in our Comprehensive Series..
Advanced Level 1 Audio Series CD’s : Individual CD Courses 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5: $250 each. Course #6, Obesity and middle Phase of Treatment is $325.
Package pricing for Advanced Level 1 CD’s:
*Plus shipping, handling, and applicable taxes.
Individual and Shared Mentoring Options:
There are individual and shared mentoring options for all our Audio Series. Mentoring helps students enhance mastery of the material, provides opportunities to engage experientially with the intervention style, and aids in integrating the work into other paradigms. If you would like to be mentored by Dr. Patricia Frisch in an individual or shared mentoring setting, please email us and let us know.
Students wishing to study the Advanced CD Training Series must be licensed health professionals or students on track for licensure. It is highly recommended that students taking both levels of the Advanced CD Training Series complete the Introductory and Intermediate CD Training Series first or participate in live classes and private mentorship with Dr. Frisch or accredited OINC clinicians. Advanced Level 1 is a prerequisite for Advanced Level 2. Advanced Levels 1 and 2 are prerequisites for Advanced Level 3. It is also recommended that students purchasing the Advanced CD Training Series arrange for private mentoring with Dr. Patricia Frisch in order to assimilate the information properly.