Intermediate MP3 Training Courses
FIMO’s 6-course intermediate audio series training is designed for students who have completed the introductory MP3 series or who have already completed some introductory live courses. These courses will cover more advanced concepts of the theoretical and clinical approach of Wilhelm Reich and his somatic techniques. The Masterson Group’s delineation of the Disorders of the Self will be expanded upon. Included are: focus on critical elements of the therapeutic relationship, differential character diagnosis and skill building. These training courses are rich with information, include non-confidential discussion and experiential coaching to hear the approach in action, and allow students to self-pace and deepen their learning to the point of mastery. These courses facilitate your entry into more advanced classes that include Reich’s biophysical interventions.
For a sample of Dr. Frisch teaching an Intermediate Audio Course, listen here:
1. Fundamentals of Reich & Masterson’s Clinical Approach.
Time: 3:51 – MP3: Buy Now
- Masterson: Concepts of transference as differentiated from Reich
- Masterson: Therapeutic stance and therapeutic neutrality
- Case Management: Balancing inner work with the patient’s adaptation to the real world
- Managing acting out
2. Differential Diagnosis: Masterson & Reich.
Time: 5:00 – MP3: Buy Now
- Differential Diagnosis: What to observe, case vignettes Ralph Klein
- Disorders of the Self: Clusters Narcissistic and Schizoid not including Borderline
- Discussion: Balancing inner work/outer adaptation: confrontation, interpretation, banter, humor, incredulity
3. Interventions: The Therapist’s Tool Chest.
Time: 3:04 – MP3: Buy Now
- Attunement, resonance and regulation
- Interpretation, mirroring, joining, humor and bantering with an eye to differential diagnosis
- Importance of Confrontation in all phases of treatment
- Experiential: Fluidity of interventions, coaching, case presentation
4. Carl Jung: Working with Dreams and the Objective Psyche.
Time: 1:49 – MP3: Buy Now
- Dream analysis
- Therapeutic use of imagery: drawing and active imagination
5. Working Through Phase: Abandonment Depression and Couples Therapy.
Time: 2:43 – MP3: Buy Now
- Masterson: Working Through Phase – abandonment depression, triad, stages of therapy
- Didactic: Mastersonian approach to couples, David Schnarch’s concept of differentiation and fusion
- Experiential role play and coaching: couples therapy
- Coaching: role play current patients
- Reich: repressed and unsatisfied blocks
- Case supervision
6. Talionic Impulse in Treatment; Anal Character Types & Characteranalytic Couples Therapy.
Time: 2:24 – MP3: Buy Now
- Masterson: Talionic Impulse in Treatment
- Presentations: Articulating your clinical approach: theory and practice or challenges of practice.
- Masterson: Therapy with a narcissistic couple
- Experiential: Couples therapy
- Reich: Anal character types
- Case supervision
Intermediate Audio Series MP3’s : Individual CD Courses: $200 each
Package pricing for Intermediate MP3’s:
*Plus shipping, handling, and applicable taxes.
Individual and Shared Mentoring Options:
There are individual and shared mentoring options for all our Audio Series. Mentoring helps students enhance mastery of the material, provides opportunities to engage experientially with the intervention style, and aids in integrating the work into other paradigms.
Students wishing to study the Intermediate MP3 Training Series must be licensed health professionals or students on track for licensure. It is highly recommended that students taking the Intermediate MP3 Training Series complete the Introductory MP3 Training Series.