Watch: Dr. Patricia Frisch Welcomes Mental Health Professionals as Students *If stuttered playback occurs press the HD button to play in sd.
When we are open, we experience pleasure, liveliness, and vitality. Many of us, however, find that our lives and relationships feel painfully constricted. We develop coping strategies early in life to ward off difficult, uncomfortable feelings. These defenses become habitual and can inhibit us from experiencing joyful, expansive feelings as well as honest contact with our pain. We become frozen and trapped in our defenses, and can become physically ill. These symptoms are cries for help from our wounded past, a past that may keep us from being fully available to the present. Our contracted self reveals itself in our character structure and body armor. To find our free, authentic self we must become conscious of our armoring – our self-distortions that turn us into unhealthy adults that attack, cling, isolate, dominate and distort reality.
As we shed unnecessary layers of armor and facade we begin to discover our true, creative, naturally sexual and spiritual natures.
What is Reichian / Orgonomic Therapy?
Reichian Therapy, developed by Wilhelm Reich, is a method for character transformation that recognizes the essential functional identity of the mind and body. Also known as Orgone Therapy, Orgonomic Therapy, and Biopsychotherapy, Reichian Therapy recognizes how “armoring” against the free flow of life energy blocks full emotional expression. The Orgonomic therapist works with the principles of psychodynamic psychotherapy to reveal to the patient\client their character attitudes and their character armoring.
With a functionally deep understanding of the mind/body relationship, the Orgonomic Therapist simultaneously analyzes the patient’s character (characteranalysis) as it presents itself through the ways in which they walk, talk, hold themselves, etc., and the chronic muscular tensions that anchor and support this behavior. This is done through relationship-building verbal dialog, description, analysis, and the release of muscular tension through deep massage that allows emotional contact and release. Developed out of Wilhelm Reich’s characteranalytic theory, which views the mind and body as one functional unit, Reichian Therapy is the classical foundation of Somatic Psychology. Reichian Therapy is an intensive, confrontational, personally demanding process for those who wish to profoundly change themselves and their life.
Orgonomic therapeutic process facilitates:
- Self-awareness and deep insight
- Emotional and physical release, followed by an increased energy flow
- Changes in habitual, unhealthy defensive patterns
- Effective, lasting change
- Skilled, therapeutic dialog
- Authentic, supportive, actively engaged relationship with the therapist
- Characteranalysis: examine and change unproductive defense mechanisms
- Body work: massage and deep tissue muscular intervention
- Facilitation of deep feeling expression
- Restoration of healthy breathing
- Dream analysis
- Couple, family therapy and group therapies
Benefits of Orgonomic Therapy:
- Alleviate symptoms of depression
- Ease anxiety and panic
- Decrease stress-related symptoms
- Assistance with eating, sleep, and other disorders
- Reduce physical symptoms (headaches, nervous disorders, digestive problems, sexual dysfunction, etc.)
- Alter destructive relational patterns
Learn more about Reichian Therapy, the price of constriction and the process of expansion here.
Beginning the Expansion
Lower-Fee Therapy Option: