Intermediate CD Training Courses
Watch: Dr. Patricia Frisch Welcomes Mental Health Professionals as Students *If stuttered playback occurs press the HD button to play in sd.
OINC’s 6-course intermediate CD training series is designed for students who have completed the introductory CD series or who have already completed some introductory live courses. These courses will cover more advanced concepts of the theoretical and clinical approach of Wilhelm Reich and his somatic techniques. The Masterson Group’s delineation of the Disorders of the Self will be expanded upon. Included are: focus on critical elements of the therapeutic relationship, differential character diagnosis and skill building. These training courses are rich with information, include non-confidential discussion and experiential coaching to hear the approach in action, and allow students to self-pace and deepen their learning to the point of mastery. These courses facilitate your entry into more advanced classes that include Reich’s biophysical interventions.
For a sample of Dr. Frisch teaching an Intermediate Audio Course, listen here:
1. Fundamentals of Reich & Masterson’s Clinical Approach.
Time: 3:51 (3.5 hrs CE Credit) Order the CD Now
- Masterson: Concepts of transference as differentiated from Reich
- Masterson: Therapeutic stance and therapeutic neutrality
- Case Management: Balancing inner work with the patient’s adaptation to the real world
- Managing acting out
2. Differential Diagnosis: Masterson & Reich.
Time: 5:00 (5 hrs CE Credit) Order the CD Now
- Differential Diagnosis: What to observe, case vignettes Ralph Klein
- Disorders of the Self: Clusters Narcissistic and Schizoid not including Borderline
- Discussion: Balancing inner work/outer adaptation: confrontation, interpretation, banter, humor, incredulity
3. Interventions: The Therapist’s Tool Chest.
Time: 3:04 (3 hrs CE Credit) Order the CD Now
- Attunement, resonance and regulation
- Interpretation, mirroring, joining, humor and bantering with an eye to differential diagnosis
- Importance of Confrontation in all phases of treatment
- Experiential: Fluidity of interventions, coaching, case presentation
4. Carl Jung: Working with Dreams and the Objective Psyche.
Time: 1:49 (1.5 hrs CE Credits) Order the CD Now
- Dream analysis
- Therapeutic use of imagery: drawing and active imagination
5. Working Through Phase: Abandonment Depression and Couples Therapy.
Time: 2:43 (2.5 hrs CE Credit) Order the CD Now
- Masterson: Working Through Phase – abandonment depression, triad, stages of therapy
- Didactic: Mastersonian approach to couples, David Schnarch’s concept of differentiation and fusion
- Experiential role play and coaching: couples therapy
- Coaching: role play current patients
- Reich: repressed and unsatisfied blocks
- Case supervision
6. Talionic Impulse in Treatment; Anal Character Types & Characteranalytic Couples Therapy.
Time: 2:24 (2 hrs CE Credit) Order the CD Now
- Masterson: Talionic Impulse in Treatment
- Presentations: Articulating your clinical approach: theory and practice or challenges of practice.
- Masterson: Therapy with a narcissistic couple
- Experiential: Couples therapy
- Reich: Anal character types
- Case supervision
Intermediate Audio Series CD’s : Individual CD Courses: $200 each
Package pricing for Intermediate CD’s:
Package A contains CD’s 1-3: $500 ($100 discount) Order CD Package A Now
Package B contains CD’s 4-6: $500 ($100 discount) Order CD Package B Now
Study Group Option:
There is a live study group option for this class to help enhance mastery of the material, provide opportunities to engage experientially with the intervention style, and to aid in integrating the work into other paradigms. You can get more information on this series of live classes here.
Students wishing to study the Intermediate CD Training Series must be licensed health professionals or students on track for licensure. It is highly recommended that students taking the Intermediate CD Training Series complete the Introductory CD Training Series first or participate in live classes and private mentorship with Dr. Frisch or accredited OINC clinicians. It is also recommended that students purchasing the Intermediate CD Training Series attend the associated Study Group classes in 2012.
All live and audio distance learning classes receive CE credit for MFT’s, LCSW’s, and BRN’s. All live and distance learning professional training courses are eligible for CE credits for psychologists through CPA OPD – please contact us to see if psychology CE credits are available for the courses you wish to take. Dr. Patricia Frisch is approved by the CPA OPD to sponsor continuing professional education for psychologists in California. Dr. Patricia Frisch maintains responsibility for this program and its content. All students wishing CE credit for Audio Courses must meet completion requirements, which include submitting an audio course evaluation and, in the case of Psychologists, passing a comprehension self-test; all within 60 days of the audio course purchase. CE certificate fees for 2013 = $20/course.